- 1. What is CrossFit?
- 2. I’m not in great shape, can I do CrossFit?
- 3. How do I get started?
- 4. What are the gym’s hours?
- 5. Is CrossFit right for me?
- 6. How much is a CrossFit London membership?
- 7. Why does CrossFit cost more than a regular gym membership?
- 8. What are my payment options?
- 9. Can I have a receipt?
- 10. What is the Bootcamp like?
- 11. What can I do to prepare for the Bootcamp/CrossFit in general?
- 12. What should I bring to the Bootcamp?
- 13. I’m really fit and would like to skip the Bootcamp and sign-up right away for the Regular CrossFit Classes. Is that allowed?
- 14. How is personal training with a “coach” different from working with other trainers?
- 15. I’m a woman, will CrossFit make me bulky?
- 16. I currently train at another CrossFit gym and I want to workout at CrossFit London while I’m in town. What do I need to know?
- 17. Can I just come in and workout on my own?
- 18. Where is CrossFit London located?
- 19. What does your gym look like?
CrossFit is a prescription of professionally coached, high intensity strength training. This revolutionary style of training combines explosiveness, speed, strength, and muscular endurance to make you fitter, stronger, and leaner. Workouts are constantly varied and performed at a high intensity, delivering a time-efficient workout that produces visible results. Every time you walk through our doors, you will be guided by one of our certified and experienced coaches who will lead you though the pre-programmed “Workout of the Day”. Unlike most gyms, we provide individualized coaching, supervision, and motivation enabling you to work out safely at your full potential. The same CrossFit program can be used for males and females, big or small, young or old, fit or unfit, or anywhere in between simply by scaling the load and intensity to mach your fitness level and ability. Watch the video on the right side of the screen to see CrossFit in action!
2. I’m not in great shape, can I do CrossFit?
Yes! The beauty of the programming is that each workout can be scaled so that it can be successfully completed by anyone, regardless of your gender, age, or current fitness ability. Our coaches will help you find the right movements that are challenging yet achievable to allow you to get through a productive workout and see fitness gains. We’ve had everyone from 67-year old grandmothers to very overweight individuals successfully complete our Bootcamp and they have all seen big improvements in their fitness level and physical ability. All you have to be willing to do is show up and work hard; we’ll take care of the rest to get you in great shape.
3. How do I get started?
- Sign up for a FREE WORKOUT. You will be matched with a CrossFit coach who will help show you around the gym and you’ll have the chance to take part in a regular CrossFit London All Levels Class. Feel free to invite a friend along with you. Click here (https://crossfit-londonon.zenplanner.com/zenplanner/portal/freeTrial.cfm) to book your FREE WORKOUT.
- Sign up for Bootcamp. The list of upcoming Bootcamp dates and online sign-up form can be found here. (http://www.crossfitlondon.ca/wp/getting-started/bootcamp/)
- Sign up for our One Day Intro session. http://www.crossfitlondon.ca/wp/getting-started/1dayintro/
- Sign up for Personal Training. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 518-3369 to book your initial personal training session.
- Sign-up for a free CrossFit E-book. Still not sure about CrossFit? Enter your name and e-mail address in the “Starting CrossFit” box on the right side of the screen to receive a free e-book written by CrossFit Coach Dave Henry. This e-book is a 30-day guide to help introduce you to some of the key principles of CrossFit and get you ready for training.
Please see our schedule (http://www.crossfitlondon.ca/wp/about/class-schedule/) under the About Us tab to view the complete list of training times available each week. We are proud to offer 31 CrossFit All Levels classes each week, Monday through Saturday, between the hours of 7:00 am – 8:00 pm. Personal training can be arranged at a convenient time that best fits your schedule by e-mailing email@example.com.
5. Is CrossFit right for me?
Whether you are new to exercising or are a seasoned athlete, CrossFit will get you fitter, faster, and leaner. CrossFit is a good fit for someone who meets the following description:
- Wants to get in shape but doesn’t enjoy going to a typical gym
- Has tried machines, group classes, and quick-fix programs and is unimpressed with the results
- Has lost interest or has stopped seeing results in their current fitness program
- Is busy and thinks they don’t have enough time to exercise
- Is looking to get faster and stronger in their sport
- Feels unsure about what to do when at the gym
- Would like the knowledge, motivation, and attention of a personal coach in a community-oriented training environment
- Likes a challenge and enjoys being tested mentally and physically
- Is bored with their current workout and would like to try something fun and different
If you can relate to any of points mentioned above, then come out and try a FREE WORKOUT at CrossFit London! Every workout is different, and since workouts are rarely repeated, you are less likely to lose interest or get bored with our programming as compared to doing the same circuits at the gym three days a week. Because workouts are generally kept short and intense, they are over quickly and you can be in and out of the gym in less than an hour, making CrossFit appealing for those with the busiest of schedules. The best part about CrossFit is the fact that it’s really fun. Our community and trainers are welcoming, supportive, and committed to creating an environment where everyone can succeed. Most of our members will say that they look forward to coming to the gym daily, and attest that the hour they spend at CrossFit London is the best part of their entire day.
We have a variety of flexible choices that range in price, from 2x, 3x, or unlimited access per week; however, the value of a CrossFit membership cannot be determined simply by looking at a price list. Come in for a FREE WORKOUT , and leave with all of the information you need to make the right decision for your health and fitness.
7. Why does CrossFit cost more than a regular gym membership?
Simply put, because CrossFit London isn’t a regular gym. The price reflects the increased value you are receiving from a membership that includes:
- well-researched programming designed to give you the fitness results you are looking for
- qualified coaching and technical feedback every single time you train at the gym
- private instruction time slots with a coach to improve your skill work
- a warm, inclusive, and fun environment where friendships are quickly formed and the incentive to get the most out of your membership remains high
Most of our athletes view their CrossFit membership as an economical way to share the benefits of a personal trainer every single time they train in a really fun team environment.
8. What are my payment options?
- Bootcamp: Cash/Credit Card in person or Credit Card Online
- Personal Training: Cash/Credit Card in person for upfront payments or Monthly Electronic Funds transfer (withdrawal directly from your bank account)
- Regular Classes: Cash/Credit Card in person for upfront payments or Monthly Electronic Funds transfer (withdrawal directly from your bank account)
- Online Store: Cash/Credit Card in person or Credit Card Online
The Bootcamp runs three days per week for one month, and is designed to introduce new members to the fundamental principles of CrossFit by demonstrating full-body functional movements and incorporating these new skills into a fun and challenging workout at the end of each class. Class sizes are limited to ensure personal coaching for each participant. Each Bootcamp is professionally coached and programmed to deliver maximum results, and performance is benchmarked to track changes in your fitness level from beginning to end. The CrossFit Bootcamp is also time-efficient; workouts are kept short and intense and your time at the gym takes less than one hour from start to finish. Regardless of your previous exercise background or current fitness level, the “team-like” training environment creates an atmosphere of support, motivation, and friendly competition pushing you to new levels in athletic ability.
Visit our Bootcamp page (http://www.crossfitlondon.ca/wp/getting-started/bootcamp/) under the Getting Started tab at the top to read more about it.
11. What can I do to prepare for the Bootcamp/CrossFit in general?
We’ve prepared a free 30-day, at-home/on your own training program to help get you ready for Bootcamp. Download your free e-book by entering your name and e-mail address into the “Starting CrossFit” box on the right side of the screen to get started today!
12. What should I bring to the Bootcamp?
When you show up for your first day of Bootcamp, it is generally advised that you wear comfortable workout clothes, keeping in mind you’ll be moving around quite a bit. The first Bootcamp workout usually takes place indoors, but depending on the time of year you may want to layer with pants, shorts, a t-shirt or tank top, and a long sleeved shirt. Most people bring a small workout bag containing a water bottle, a good pair of running shoes, hair elastics/bobby pins to tie back long hair, and if you have a medical concern such as asthma, your puffer just to be safe. When you arrive, we’ll supply the water, pens, workout journals, and music.
13. I’m really fit and would like to skip the Bootcamp and sign-up right away for the Regular CrossFit Classes. Is that allowed?
No. You must successfully complete our Bootcamp or finish three 1-on-1 personal training sessions with a CrossFit coach before being allowed to take part in our regular group classes.
But what if I’m really, really fit?
No means no. If you are really, really fit, our coaches will help scale up the intensity of the Bootcamp workouts to challenge you. We promise we can leave you lying on the floor, sore and gasping, even after a beginner’s class.
14. How is personal training with a “coach” different from working with other trainers?
At CrossFit London, when you hire a personal trainer, you are hiring a coach. Our job is to develop a custom training plan based on your individualized needs to place you on the most direct path to achieving your health, fitness, and sport-specific goals. Our instruction focuses on movement techniques and skills, physical conditioning, and the development of healthy workout, eating habits, and self-discipline, so that after a period of time, you’ve got all the essential elements, experience, and confidence to do it on your own.
Motivation, measurable results, time-efficiency, safety, and accountability are only some of the many reasons why personal training with a CrossFit coach has proven to be an effective investment in your fitness. We work with athletes and non-athletes of all fitness levels and abilities; from people looking to get off the couch and get back into shape to recreational, varsity, and professional athletes looking to excel in their sport, if you’re willing to work hard, our coaches are willing to help you achieve your goals!
Visit our Personal Training page (http://www.crossfitlondon.ca/wp/getting-started/personal-training/) under the Getting Started tab at the top to read more about it.
15. I’m a woman, will CrossFit make me bulky?
Due to the fact that women do not, and cannot, naturally produce as much testosterone (one of the main hormones responsible for increasing muscle size) as males do, it is impossible for a woman to gain huge amounts of muscle mass by merely touching some weights. Some female bodybuilders gain muscle because they take a lot of supplements, eat a lot of calories/weightgainers, do excessive amounts hypertrophy weight training (body building weight programs are designed for gaining bulk), and some may take steroids and other illegal substances. The movements we do and the program design is setup for athletic performance. Adding bulk generally decreases the ability to move the body quickly, and is not one of the primary goals of our program. We focus on Relative Strength which simply put means that you will be unexpectedly strong for your size, and have the ability to continue to improve in speed, endurance etc.
Experienced CrossFitters are welcome to directly join the friendly and supportive atmosphere of our regular classes. Our one-time drop in rate is $20, but if you’ll be visiting London for an extended period, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a discounted bulk drop-in price. Our schedule can be found here (http://www.crossfitlondon.ca/wp/about/class-schedule/), and you are welcome to train at any one of our All Levels CrossFit Classes.
17. Can I just come in and workout on my own?
Yes and No. We say NO, because our group classes are structured so that athletes show up at the same time and complete the pre-programmed WOD (workout of the day) safely and efficiently. However, every Friday has been reserved as an “Open Gym” day, meaning you can show up for any of the regular class times and complete any workout you desire. This is often a great time to catch up on a missed WOD from earlier in the week, work on your weightlifting technique, or improve a new skill with the help of a CrossFit coach on the floor.
18. Where is CrossFit London located?
CrossFit London is located at 353 Bathurst St in London, approximately one kilometer down the street from Labbat’s Brewery on (Horton and Richmond). Bathurst Street is located between Horton and York Street, located on the south side of the train tracks. If your coming from the north end of the city the best way to cross the tracks is at either Colborne Street or Wellington St. Visit our Contact page for a map to the gym with detailed driving directions.
19. What does your gym look like?
For any questions we weren’t able to answer, please feel free to contact us (http://www.crossfitlondon.ca/wp/contact/) by calling (519) 518-3369 or e-mail email@example.com.